The academic programmes of the Academy are carefully tailored to meet the needs of the Nigerian Armed Forces within the context of standards required of Nigerian Universities. There is also Postgraduate School which offers courses leading to the award of Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and Doctorate Degrees in some Departments in the 4 Faculties. The postgraduate programme is open to members of the Armed Forces and general public.
The degree programme is divided into progressive levels as follows.
- 100 Level for first year
- 200 Level for second year
- 300 Level for third year
- 400 Level for fourth year
- 500 Level for fifth year (Military and Industrial Training)
Each academic year is sub-divided into 2 semesters: First (Dry) and Second (Wet). Each programme consists of taught courses and depending on the department, may include Industrial Attachment (IT), Educational Visits and field trip. The undergraduate programmes available in the Academic Branch are for the following degrees:
1. BA (Hons): Programmes leading to BA (Hons) degrees are taken by cadets registered in the following Departments
- History & War Studies
2. B.Eng (Hons): Programmes leading to B Eng (Hons) degrees are taken by cadets registered in the Faculty of Engineering in one of the following Departments:
- Civil Engineering.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
3. B.Sc (Hons): Programmes leading to B Sc (Hons) degrees are taken by cadets registered in the Faculty of Science, Faculty of Military Science and Interdisciplinary Studies and Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences in one of the following Departments.
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Intelligence & Cyber Security Studies
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Military Science and Technology
- Political Science & Defence Studies
Orientation of Cadets
At the beginning of each academic session, an orientation programme is normally arranged for fresh cadets by the Academic Branch in collaboration with some other related Departments/Units. During the orientation exercise, activities are arranged to familiarize the cadets with the new academic environment. The cadets also get to know the Principal Officers of the Academic Branch. All fresh cadets are required to participate fully in all the activities including series of lectures to be delivered by Deans of Faculties.
Registration of Academic Courses
At the beginning of each semester, Cadets are to register for their courses online. Registration will not be allowed after 6 weeks of commencement of lectures. Each cadet should, however, endeavour in his/her own interest to register on the day(s) scheduled for his/her Regular Course. Cadets who for either illness or other acceptable reasons report late for registration shall only be authorized to do so by the Academy Registrar, who shall convey such authority in writing to the relevant department. Cadets who fail to register for any course(s) will not be allowed to seat for examination in that course(s).Click to Register