Council/General Administration Unit
The NDA Council is the highest decision making organ in the Academy governance structure. It is headed by the Honourable Minister of Defence, with the Chief of Defence Staff, Service Chiefs and the Commandant as members. The Permanent Secretary Ministry of Defence is a member/secretary. However, the secretariat of the Governing Council is shared between the MOD and NDA Registry. The Council/General Administration Unit supports the Academy Registrar in servicing the Council. In broad terms, the unit is responsible for the following:
NDA Governing Council matters through compiling, initiating and drafting of memoranda, arranging for meetings, producing synopses of decisions to fast track implementation of decisions locally and taking follow up actions.
- Production of NDA Academic Branch News Bulletin on annual basis.
- Facilitating logistics provisioning for the Academic Branch.
- Oversight of Faculty Officers and Branch Officers.
- Welfare of staff such as leave and passes and the administration of welfare schemes like the Contributory Pension, National Housing Fund, Group Life Assurance and National Health Insurance, amongst others.
- Issuance of staff ID cards.
- Staff discipline through enforcement of relevant provisions contained in extant regulations and providing the secretariat for the senior and junior staff disciplinary committees respectively.
- Common services.
- Producing executive summaries of reports for consideration by appropriate superior authorities.
- Drafting of speeches and allied matters.
- Active participation in organizing Academic Branch events.
- Maintenance of Registry stores.
Other Staff of the Unit
The other staff in the unit include the following:
- Mrs Z Bello – Principal Executive Officer I (Admin)/National Health Insurance Scheme Desk Officer
- Mr U Hutton – Assistant Registrar/Pension Desk Officer
- Mrs J Odumu – Assistant Registrar/National Housing Fund Scheme Desk Officer
- Mr P Ajie – Administrative Officer
- Mr CB Ikpi – Chief Secretarial Assistant
- Mrs E Oloyede- Assistant Chief Computer Operator
- Mr S Odihi – Senior Store Officer
- Mrs Z Grema – Higher Executive Officer
- Mr S Ngada – Clerical Officer
Amongst other things, our goal is to ensure the smooth functioning of the Academic Branch as will enable it deliver on its mission. By attending to their welfare needs, the unit also sees to it that staff are well motivated and remain happy while in service and after retirement.